Thursday, February 16, 2006

Delhi, Noida

Namaste from in Pahar ganj, a bustling bazaar area in Delhi (picture to come). There is not enough time to note all that I would like to share. I love buzing around town in a tempo(or auto rickshaw) (picture) discovering little treasures tucked away on side steets, and beautiful colors, faces, and entrancing eyes. Today i will visit the Jama mosque, reputed the largest in Asia (including Asia minor I dont know). 20,000 can attend prayers there. I am very eager to see the muslim experience up close. India has the second largest Muslim population in the world. Friends of my family have welcomed me at their home in Noida 30 km from Delhi in Uttar Pradesh. What an honor it has been. They have all been so helpful and filled me with such delicacies. Shukriah. Tomorrow or the next day I will leave for Mathura and Vrindavan abit south. NPR did a multi day report on Vrindavan, it is probably still available on npr.org . That is all for now, all my love, namaste, chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home