Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Rishikesh

Fellow travelers are such blessings. The 27 hr train from Varanasi to Haridwar brought the chance to converse with a Brazilian woman who helped me to digest and better understand all that I have been seeing. These fellow travelers bring so many insights both intellectual and tip-wise. After a ride in auto rickshaw from Haridwar, where the Ganges enters the plains out of the Himalayas, to Rishikesh I have set up camp for a day. This place is filled with westerners seeking guidence in yoga and meditation, with only a day I'll have to find a quiet spot along the Ganga to do my own meditation. Tomorrow I move on to Dehra Dun, the capitol of the Uttar Ranchal state to visit with friends of the family.

PS: for those of you in Humboldt County, the Ganges and the landscape here are very reminiscent of the Trinity River at Willow Creek...no need to buy the plane ticket...;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nic Scogna said...

Finding fellow travelers with tips IS such a help. Trinity huh? I'll keep that in mind

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home