Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Pre-Trip Meeting with Narinder

I have had the fortune to meet an Indian man by the name of Narinder here in Portland. He will be visiting friends and family in India during part of my sojourn in his mother country. His kindness has been overwhelming, Narinder will be picking me up in Delhi and taking me to his home state of Haryana and Punjab. There were a couple things that he mentioned during our conversations that I wanted to share. He believes that the biggest obstacle for India is corruption, and that time will replace the old guard with a more meritocratic new generation. He described how many are required to pay as much as 10,000 rps for a marriage licence that is supposed to be free. 6 days 'til take off...Here is my Itinerary: Jan 25-27 in Paris Jan 27- Feb 12 in Nantes, France Feb 12 - Feb 14 in Paris Feb 14 - March 14 in India (details forthcoming) March 15 - 20 in Montpellier, France March 20 - 22 in Paris March 22 Portland, USA cwt

--

1 Comments:

Blogger Antoine Toulmé said...

Hello Chris,
everything is settled for your coming to Paris. I and Cécile will welcome at home, and as I will be in vacations during this time, I will be your guide for the day(s).
Always want to see burned cars, Nike caps, CRS (cops with muscles and fascist manners) ?
See ya soon !

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home